What We Do
We are a professional home inspection firm providing:
- Home Inspections
- Warranteed Wood Destroying Insect Certifications
- Septic System Certifications
- Radon Testing
- Construction Consultations
Our Inspection Services
Foresight Engineering provides all our customers with the same level of thorough
and complete property inspections. Additionally, our firm is fully insured.
We offer a comprehensive inspection of the major components and systems which
make up a building. This inspection includes structural, roofing, plumbing,
electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, and all the major features
that are accessible and visible.
A thorough and detailed report is prepared for the client. If requested, copies are also provided for the buyer's attorney and the real estate agent.
Private sewage disposal systems are found in many suburban and country homes where
municipal utilities are unavailable. Our standard "open pit" inspection includes an
on-site evaluation by trained professionals, including licensed engineers where
required by state or local code. We use techniques, including excavation of critical
components as required to reveal detailed information about the system and increase
accuracy of the evaluation. These procedures are designed to reveal the operating
condition of the system using inspection methods applied by engineers and health
department authorities for decades.
Foresight Engineering's radon professionals are certified by the New Jersey Department
of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) to provide testing. This requires strict adherence to
their standards and frequent evaluation of our methods and results. Foresight Engineering
was an original charter member of the American Association of Radon Scientists and
Wood Destroying Insect Inspection:
An inspection of the premises by our inspector is made to determine the presence
of termites, carpenter ants, and other wood destroying insects. Our certification
satisfies lending institution requirements.
Professional and competent home inspectors are fully trained in the proper operation of all common home systems. These systems generally include:
- Structural Components: Foundations, floors and walls.
- Exterior Components: Siding paint, windows, decks, garage doors, etc.
- Roofing: Coverings, flashing's, chimneys, etc.
- Plumbing: Piping, fixtures, faucets, water heating and fuel storage systems, etc.
- Electrical: Wiring, main service panels, conductors, switches, receptacles, etc.
- Heating: Equipment, safety controls, distribution systems, chimneys, etc.
- Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps: Cooling and air-handling equipment controls and ducting, etc.
- Interior: Partitions, ceilings, floors, railings, doors and windows, etc.
- Insulation and Ventilation: Attics, walls, floors, foundations, kitchen and bathrooms, etc.
Additional fees can apply to inspect these systems:
- Water Quality Testing
- Well Testing
- Septic Inspections
- Radon Testing
- Termite Inspections
Other Types of Inspections
There are many other types of property inspections offered by home inspectors, depending on your needs:
- Pre-Listing Inspections
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- New Construction Inspections
- Multi unit Inspections
- Annual Maintenance Checkup
- Commercial Inspections
Home inspectors should present the customer with a clearly written or typed or printed home inspection report, which must conform to the accepted standards of practice for the state the inspection is performed in or the standards of practice of the association that the home inspector belongs to.
Return to top of page
© 2014-2017 LazrWeb all rights reserved